Buzbee - Teen Parents

Teen parents come here for some advice, a nice chat with other teen parents, or even to just get away from it all for a while.

During Pregnancy Troubles

Kae

Female
    Number of posts : 11
    Baby Status : I've a wee girl called Evie, she was born on 24/6/09, after 18 hours of labour, she'll be 1 in a few weeks now Very Happy
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

During Pregnancy Troubles

Post  Kae on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:54 pm

I thought I'd start this topic to get us going and talking - what sort of problems were the worst for you, or are the worst, during your pregnancy?
    For me, I think it would be getting used to the changes, and god are there a lot of them... And the stress aswell of wondering how I'm gonna manage with a baby...
    But one of the main things I think get lots of people down during their pregnancy and after are the opinion other people seem to have of teen mums. It's hard to get up and out and do what you want and need to do at times, like something as simple as going for a walk, when people you walk past are looking down their nose at you. It's very hurtful that so many people have this image of you that you can do nothing about but live with it, but it makes me so self concious when I go anywhere. Some people throw dirty looks ant things like that, or even openly stare at my stomach for a few seconds.
    Just makes things a bit harder when people are thinking this kind of way of girls like me.
    What about you guys?

Ollie

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Re: During Pregnancy Troubles

Post  Ollie on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:00 am

I agree, When I first decided to go maternity shopping I walked into a store and some bitch was standing there behind the counter whispering about me to her friend and was a complete bitch when I came up to pay, I never went back. For the most part many people are starting to get used to the idea that there are so many pregnant teens around, but still there are so many people who look down on us. Its bad I feel like I can't do certain things and have to dress a certain way so I will get people's respect and be worthy to be a parent. I hate how I feel like I have to act completely like an adult and be a stereotype just because I'm having a child. Oh well at least I wi;; be able to relate to my child more than someone who is in their 30's and about to have a baby.
    Kae

Female
    Baby Status : I've a wee girl called Evie, she was born on 24/6/09, after 18 hours of labour, she'll be 1 in a few weeks now Very Happy

Post  Kae on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:42 pm

School is another thing that's weird like that. I go to an all-girls school, and none of them will ask me outright is it true (even though it's obvious at this stage), but they'll try and get my friends to talk and stare and me when they think I'm not looking. I just wish if they were like that, they'd just bloody ask me. I don't see why they're so afraid to.

Ollie

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

Post  Ollie on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:19 am

Oh ya I totally agree I have some friends of friends that will talk and sread rumors and then get bitched out becasue they dont know what they are saying and then some of my friends who I'm not close with at all will start conversations with me after not talking to me for months just to see if I mention it. People are so immature Rolling Eyes
    Kae

Female

Post  Kae on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:12 pm

It's treated very weirdly as some sort of taboo subject, isn't it? In my opinion, I'm just "Yes, I am pregnant, what of it?" and their hints and aversion to actually approaching the subject make some very boring conversation Razz hahahaha.

amandaconwayx

Female
    Number of posts : 1
    Baby Status : Pregnant with a baby boy calling him Lukas Jack! Due 7th november 2010.
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post  amandaconwayx on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:53 pm

i understand exactly what you mean, if any of you have heard of the website "formspring.me" then you'll understand what i'm away to say..
    i had a formspring account and its where people can leave annonymous questions and comments etc but most people started using it to post annonymous bitchy comments or lies, well someone left me a comment saying "Oh great, another teen mum, well done you." and i thought, ok im 17 years old and im pregnant thats no biggie their the immature one for leaving the comment in the first place especially to a pregnant girl whos hormones are all over the place. so i just told them that i thought they were the imature ones for leaving the comment and that im engaged and i fell pregnant to my fiance and i dont believe in abortion and if they believe in abortions and if they fell pregnant and had one then they'd be a horrible person and they didnt leave anything back so really all you have to do is stick up for yourself.
    i walk around town with my hand on my bump so proud because i have my son in there, its a miracle and a gift to be pregnant and i dont understand why people look down on us! its a gift from god Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:26 am